Monday, March 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday! (39)



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.

Today's Top Ten Tuesday is:
 
Top Ten Series I Want to Start but Haven't!
 
 
So I am primarily a series reader.  I love the world and character development you can get from more than one book to the same story.  These are the series that are on my TBR list that I just haven't gotten around to reading yet, even though I am super excited about them!  And after compiling my preliminary list, I have A TON!  So here are more than 10, but it was hard enough limiting my list down to this!  To limit this list, I have taken out trilogies.  This only includes series with 4 intended books or more!  Enjoy! 

Middle Grade:










1.  Eragon by Christopher Paolini:  Fantasy.  Dragons.  I have only heard great things about this series.  Honestly, I don't know why I haven't read it before now. 

2.  Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan:  The break off series to Percy Jackson. I WANT TO READ THESE SOON!  I just need the bright and shiny new books to hide for a while lol!

3.  Theodosia and the Serpants of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers:  This is a series that I have found through working at the library.  Mystery, archeology...sounds like a winner!

Young Adult:








4.  Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout:  I feel like I am the only person in the world who hasn't read this series!  I need to get on this pronto! I need to know what all the hype is about!

5.  Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins:  I know, this is a trilogy, but then there's the break out series so....it counts!  I have heard great things about this series, and I really want to read a great YA about a witch!

6.  My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent:  Honestly, I am just captivated by these covers! They are just gorgeous!  And many people love them, so I want to read it!

7.  Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl:  I wanted to read this book before I watched the movie, but I saw it first.  And now I REALLY want to read this series! I heart Ethan!

8.  Bloodlines by Richelle Mead:  AAAAH VAMPIRE ACADEMY! I love it! And I need more! This series will definitely be read soon!

Adult:








9.  Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs:  I love Bones so much, and I am really interested in reading the series that inspires it.  And yet it always gets put on my back burner.  But not this year!

10.   The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers:  I discovered this series at the library last week and just want to read it now!  It just looks AWESOME!

11.  Soulless by Gail Carriger:  I need some more Steampunk in my life, and I hear this series is pretty good ;-)

12.  Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen:  This is the book I WANT that MY LIBRARY SYSTEM DOESN'T HAVE! BLAH! I WANT IT SO BAD LOL

13.  Darkfever by Karen Marie Morning:  So many people love this series, I just really need to know what is going on with it! BAH! =)


Honestly, there are just WAY too many books on my list.  I just want to read them all!

What series are on your list?  Leave a comment and let me know!

Love and Puffs with Lotion,
Jennifer


14 comments:

  1. Hex Hall and Lux made my list too! I love that you have MG, YA, and Adult on your list... cool idea! Married with Zombies looks so good, thanks for introducing me to it, I love discovering new books :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Heroes of Olympus even more than The Percy Jackson series. I hope you'll get around reading them soon. I keep hearing good things about Obsidian too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Heroes of Olympus and Soul Screamers series are so good. I just recently read Beautiful Creatures and loved it. I'll be reading the next book very soon.

    My TTT
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-series-id-like-to-start-but.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted to read Hex Hall for a while, however.. I'll wait til the series is complete! I want to get my son into Eragon, but he's not quite old enough yet. And the Parasol Protectrate I'll have to wait until that series is complete too. So many books, so little time right?!
    Great List!
    Beth | YA Vixens
    Vixen's Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good list, I love Hex Hall and Heroes of Olympus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hex Hall is fun! And I recently read Soulless - it blew me away :)

    Top 10 Tuesday - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read Hex Hall, the first book in the series & I loved it. Such fun. I def. need to read the rest of the books in the series. :)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Creatures is on my list too, I plan to start it soon! Hex Hall is a good read for something funny and light. Richelle Mead is one of my favorite authors but I'd recommend Vampire Academy over Bloodlines. Great list!

    our TTT
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally read Beautiful Creatures about two weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I'll defintely be pursuing the rest of the books! :)Also, Hex Hall has gotten good reviews, so I'd like to read that one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I highly recommend Married with Zombies, the Fever series, and the Parasol Protectorate series. All very good reads!
    Good luck getting some of these knocked out! My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read all but the last of Christopher Paolini's books. It's been so long that I'll have to reread the first ones, so that's holding me back. Soulless is on my list...but for different reasons- I did my list a little differently this week. I can't decide if I want to read Beautiful Creatures or not.
    My TTT: http://paigedanielsnguyen.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bloodlines and Beautiful Creatures are also on my list :) I've read the first 3 books of The Inheritance Cycle, though I think I'm gonna reread it because I already forgot it.. The Lost Hero is kinda boring, but it will pick up in the second book :)
    Top 10 Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  13. “Shift Omnibus”, the followup to “Wool Ominibus”. And then whatever the 3rd part will be called.

    One day I'll jump on the Wheel Of Time bandwagon …

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and comments! I appreciate it so very much! And I appreciate the thought, but my blog is award free! Thanks guys!