Monday, February 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday! (38)



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.

Today's Top Ten Tuesday is:
 
Top Ten Authors on Auto-Buy!
  
I don't buy new books very often.  Normally, I get a book from the library and decided if I like it enough to buy.  But, like many readers, I have some authors that I ANXIOUSLY await their new books and IMMEDIATELY buy them!  So here is a list of the authors that are on my Auto-buy list!

1.  Khaled Hosseini, author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns:  Okay, seriously guys, he is my FAVORITE AUTHOR EVER!  And as soon as I found out that he has a new book coming out in May I jumped and squealed!!!  AND HE'S COMING TO MY CITY IN JUNE ON BOOK TOUR OMGSH I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!  *much rejoining*

2.  David Levithan, author of Every Day, Boy Meets Boy, and many others:  Okay, David Levithan is the author I search for every time I go to the used book store.  And if there is by chance a novel on the shelf by him that I do not own, I buy it.  No questions asked.  I haven't read them all yet, but I am SUPER PUMPED to read them this year!

3.  Dan Wells, author of Partials and I Am Not A Serial Killer, among others:  He has become a new favorite author. And I got to meet him last year and he signed many books for me.  And Fragments comes out TOMORROW and I am going to buy it.  Hints the auto-buy! EEK!

4.  Gillian Flynn, author of Sharp Objects, Dark Places, and Gone Girl:  She is such a talented writer with a fascination for the strange, bizarre, and creepy.  Just my kind of gal!  Even though I didn't love Gone Girl, I will continue to buy her next books until I am no longer impressed.

5.  Chelsea Cain, author of the Gretchen Lowell and Archie series:  Holy crap! I just love this series so much! I read it in a week, and now I am ready for the next installment!  And when Chelsea Cain writes a new series, I am TOTALLY buying it!

6.  Dan Brown, author of Angels and Demons, Deception Point, and a few others:  Dan Brown has a talent for writing really entertaining and intriguing thrillers, and I love them.  And I will be buying his new book in May because, hey! It's Dan Brown!

 
I really can't pen any more names down with certainty, so I will stop now.  Who do you auto-buy?  Leave a comment and let me know!

P.S.  Sorry I have been MIA for a while.  I will be mostly back from now on.


Love and Beasts of the Southern Wild,
Jennifer

7 comments:

  1. Gillian Flynn is quickly becoming one of my new favorite authors. Yay for a Chelsea Cain fan! I LOVE that woman.

    Jessica @ Literary, etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! My problem was actually opposite to yours, I was going over my ten LOL

    Here's my Top Ten.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of those authors, but I've heard great things about some of their books! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Wells, too, even though his adult series is seriously disturbing! I've had an ARC of FRAGMENTS for awhile and haven't gotten to it yet because it is seriously THICK. Someday ...

    Glad to have found you via TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read none of those authors, but I might have to give them a try.

      Delete
  5. I HAVE to start reading Flynn's books! I own two of them; no idea why I haven't picked them up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havent read any of these authors but David Levithan, and I enjoy his writing okay :)
    Top 10 Tuesdays
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and comments! I appreciate it so very much! And I appreciate the thought, but my blog is award free! Thanks guys!